KEEPING CITIZENS INFORMED
Click here to sign up for CodeRED Emergency Alert System
2014 Brazosport Industrial CAER Volunteer of the Year
Brazosport Chamber of Commerence
Sirens are tested every Monday beginning at 12:10 p.m., and will sound for 45 seconds.
Occasionally you may hear other sirens. These are signals for internal plant communications. When in doubt, call the CAER line.
Copyright CAER. All rights reserved.
Brazosport CAER (Community Awareness & Emergency Response) is a program that provides information to the community in the event an emergency should occur from one of the surrounding industries.
CAER deals with internal safety precautions as well as emergency response plans for the community and stresses two-way communication between the public & industry.
This program & its efforts greatly reduce the probability of a major chemical emergency due to the fact that the community & industry are prepared.
• Go inside your home, car or building.
• Close windows / turn off air conditioners.
• Do not attempt to travel or start your vehicle.
• If there is a potential for community impact, a Telephone Alert System (TAS) will be activated.
• Call the CAER line 238-CAER (2237).
• If the release gets inside your shelter, place a wet cloth over your mouth and nose.
• If you hear the CAER Sirens, but can’t get inside, move crosswind. Learn more here.
Series of Short Blasts
Series of 3 Short Blasts
Series of 3 Long Blasts